Third-Party Add-ons for Protocol Buffers
This page lists code related to Protocol Buffers which is developed and maintained by third parties. You may find this code useful, but note that these projects are not affiliated with or endorsed by Google (unless explicitly marked); try them at your own risk. Also note that many projects here are in the early stages of development and not production-ready.
If you have a project that should be listed here, please send us a pull request to update this page.
These are projects we know about implementing Protocol Buffers for other programming languages:
GRPC (http://www.grpc.io/) is Google's RPC implementation for Protocol Buffers. There are other third-party RPC implementations as well. Some of these actually work with Protocol Buffers service definitions (defined using the
service keyword in
.proto files) while others just use Protocol Buffers message objects.
- https://github.com/grpc/grpc (C++, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Objective-C, PHP, C#, Google-official implementation)
- http://zeroc.com/ice.html (Multiple languages)
- http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-net/ (C#/.NET/WCF/VB)
- https://launchpad.net/txprotobuf/ (Python)
- https://github.com/modeswitch/protobuf-rpc (Python)
- http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-socket-rpc/ (Java, Python)
- http://code.google.com/p/proto-streamer/ (Java)
- http://code.google.com/p/server1/ (C++)
- http://deltavsoft.com/RcfUserGuide/Protobufs (C++)
- http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-mina-rpc/ (Python client, Java server)
- http://code.google.com/p/casocklib/ (C++)
- http://code.google.com/p/cxf-protobuf/ (Java)
- http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-remote/ (C++/C#)
- http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-rpc-pro/ (Java)
- https://code.google.com/p/protorpc/ (Go/C++)
- https://code.google.com/p/eneter-protobuf-serializer/ (Java/.NET)
- http://www.deltavsoft.com/RCFProto.html (C++/Java/Python/C#)
- https://github.com/robbinfan/claire-protorpc (C++)
- https://github.com/BaiduPS/sofa-pbrpc (C++)
- https://github.com/ebencheung/arab (C++)
- http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-csharp-rpc/ (C#)
- https://github.com/thesamet/rpcz (C++/Python, based on ZeroMQ)
- https://github.com/w359405949/libmaid (C++, Python)
- https://github.com/madwyn/libpbrpc (C++)
There are miscellaneous other things you may find useful as a Protocol Buffers developer.